Category of Disciplines and Description:
1. Yoga Therapeutics & Lifestyle Diseases
The management of diseases under the Yogic approach does not make use of “quick-fix” techniques neither is ‘solely’ a specific one, with “this-for-that” instructions. In Classical Yoga we deal with management of diseases making use of psycho-physiological practices and procedures that are correlated to the mental processes. It is a two way traffic here: the body and the limbic system influencing the mind and at the same time perception and conation influencing the body. Managing stress at the very base foundation level and reaching up to a wide overview of life is the Yoga way of managing diseases.
1.1. Yoga for Psychosomatic & Lifestyle Diseases
Therapeutic aspects of Yoga will be covered during the program by providing knowledge and training on the application of a Yogic approach in the management of stress, psychosomatic and psychogenic diseases following the orientations and methods applied, tested and advised by The Yoga Institute of Santacruz, Mumbai, India, since several decades.
- Including detailed studies of the following:
- Cardiac, Hypertension & Diabetes;
- Orthopedic & Musculo-skeletal Diseases;
- Gastro Intestinal & Genito-urinary Diseases;
- Respiratory – Asthma & Bronchitis;
- Stress Management – Affective Disorders, Depression & Nervous System Disorders.
1.2. Yoga Psychology For Stress Management
- Man & Mind in the context of Samkhya Philosophy;
- Cognitive Appraisal & Stress;
- From Unbalanced (Rajasic) to Balanced (Sattvic) Mental State;
- Stress Management – Ancient & Modern